Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shoulder Rehab Week 9-11

See how easily I can make bunny ears
 again over this pink lit flamingo
 at my folks house?
Let's start out by saying I was right, it is better to travel with a Sherpa, even if he likes to be called your husband.  It was SO much easier traveling with Brad helping the entire time.  In fact I came back from Thanksgiving with MORE flexibility and movement in my shoulder.  In the past three weeks I have been able to put a sports bra back on, which makes me happy when I go to the gym.  What I have really noticed is I can do more normal every day things with my right shoulder and arm than I have been able, to not just since surgery but before then as well.  I have had to learn to 'tuck' my scapula in and in turn my little muscles in my back are all getting stronger and used more. Apparently that is also improving my posture and one can hope my core too. 

Piper took this one, she also took one of our butts. It's pretty
good but Lynn would kill me if I published it.
We all had a great trip to Washington for Thanksgiving and enjoyed seeing Grandpa and Grandma Seubert, Auntie Meg and a lot of friends.  I was able to help my friend, Lynn Sullivan, with her booth at the Holiday Bazaar for Moments to Remember and watch the Washington Huskies win the Apple Cup in Seattle. 

This past week, since we've been back from Washington,  I swam with one arm still, had a great spin class too. I am finally able to add 2 pound weights to my exercises and workouts in my right hand.  I had a really positive appointment with Dr. Carlini on Wednesday, November 30 and in an effort to get that last bit of 'Trish Normal' flexibility back I am now on a 2 plus week steroid series.  Brad had some reserves of getting out of the house this weekend unharmed but he managed to stay on my good side and is fine.  That might also be because I didn't exactly do the first few days dosage correctly...when Brad realized that he had the gall to actually say, "...that is hilarious, you can't even take performance enhancing drugs right." Boy is he lucky I didn't or he would have been in so much trouble!

Hopefully with these steroids the last pinching where my arm gets a numb feeling, almost like my circulation is cut off, when it's over my head will go away and it will open up.  Then in another few weeks I will be able to take a swim stroke.  I have been able to do a wide arm stroke on land, every day a little more flexibility comes back.  Next post will be my measurements and more movement pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment