Monday, August 9, 2010

On to Canton OH and the Pro Football HOF


Six years ago Brad and I took Brian and Kaitlyn to Canton, OH to see John Elway enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It was the first Denver Bronco player to ever be enshrined and it seemed as though all of Colorado was there, it was awesome. This weekend we again found ourselves in Canton with Brad's brother, Jeff and Piper. This time though it was totally different as we were part of Floyd Little's family and friends and it was beyond awesome. Here is a little of what we did and some of the funnier moments we had. Let's start with the drive itself...Piper figured out how to use Jeff's Kindle. She took over his droid and has fallen in love 'with the pretty games that have all the jewels.'








We enjoyed a little swimming at the hotel pool, which was mostly occupied by either Floyd Little fans or Jerry Rice fans. That night we found the best sounding restaurant ever...Papa Bear's...however the food...well I think Denny's may have been a better choice. It looked so promising, I mean there were a lot of older folks, the walkers and wheelchair crowd and at least two parties scheduled there. I even saw a priest walk in to eat. Seriously though they claim to be famous for their pizza's, I think the good folks of Canton should expand to other places because the pizza I had was closer to the frozen french bread kind.


Friday morning found us up early and off to the Pro Football Hall of Fame itself. Pictures, in this case speak louder than words, but here are a few of our experiences. What me in a bronco shirt? Yep, said I would be a Bronco fan for the weekend, but I just couldn't help myself, there was so much Raider history in that place. (they do have 11 members already in, that counts Al Davis as well, so maybe only 10.5). A little love for Elway and a look at the Lombardi Trophy by Jeff. Wait! Look who I found? Some like minded fans that I had to get a picture with. They were great and we had a quick chat about our 'guy' and the rest of the Vikings team. Amazing what I learned last year about the Vikings just because my fantasy football boyfriend is the quarterback.

We saw some really interesting football memorabilia like this bench; then we took this fabulous picture. Here are a few more shots of our day at the Hall of Fame.


Finally, in the store Piper found silly bandz for both the Raiders and the Broncos and decided she wanted the Bronco ones, but I told her we had to get the Raiders hair treat for me instead! (Yes, I am kidding, but she ended up not getting the bandz at all because she said she wouldn't wear them). A fun day at the Hall of Fame for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment