Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Enshrinement Ceremony and Floyd Little's Party


This is the really good part of the trip, and the real reason we were there too. We attended a pre enshrinement buffet and enjoyed standing inside the white picket fence watching all the 'littles' (and by littles I refer to those fans that were not inside the the fence and tent, therefore not as lucky as us, as Mr. Tony Kornheiser would imply), walk by and try to figure out who we were and how we got in there. In there we enjoyed great food, drinks and people watching. Some retired players were spotted but I needed Brad and Jeff to help ID. Here is what Jeff felt the highlight of the buffet was.








Here is the view from where we were privileged enough to sit, down on the floor in the Floyd Little section of family and friends. The ceremony itself was great, as you probably saw on television. All of the enshrinees has great speeches, but Floyd Little's was the best with Emmitt Smith a very close and emotional second. After Emmitt finished speaking I leaned over to Brad and said, "I think we should name our next dog Emmitt." Here is a great shot of Jerry Rice during his acceptance speech. Here is a shot of Jeff, he was loving it and so were we!


Then they introduced Floyd Little and the place went a little crazy loud! He gave a truly wonderful speech and I really took it to heart and felt so motivated to keep dreaming all my dreams and to never give up and thank God every day for just being here and being able to live the best life I can. (Props to Dick LeBeau on his pretty great quote too, "be a liver of life").
Just an awesome night and we felt so lucky to be a small tiny part of it.



After the ceremony and the fireworks, (sorry Piper didn't know those were coming), Jeff was able to secure he and Piper a ride back to the hotel with one of the HOF enshrinee drivers. Brad and I went to the private Floyd Little after party and had a really fun time. We were able to chat with Christy (Floyd's oldest daughter)and Adrian Jones, as well as friends we had met over the weekend. We met Marc Little, who presented his dad at the ceremony with a wonderful tear jerking speech, his dad really is an uncommon man. Here is a picture of Marc Little and myself. Here is Christy, Floyd and Billy Thompson, another great Denver Bronco. Wait! Here is Brad, he was pretty excited to meet Tom Jackson but I didn't give him enough warning when I took the picture!











Finally, here is a shot of Christy and myself with some of her cousins. And because as hard as I tried to be a good Bronco fan all weekend, I just couldn't help myself, I mean Marcus Allen was there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment