Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Channel Kat

Loading in the chute to buck
While visiting my bulls at Rawson Ranch I was fortunate enough to see many bulls buck on Wednesday night.  One was mine, Channel Kat.  He is a nice big healthy 2 year old and he's easy to spot with his black and white freckled face.  Once you see his face you know it's him.  There are a lot of black and white bulls but it's his freckles that let you know it's him. 

Channel Kat is named after my old USS swim club in the Tri Cities.  Tri City Channel Cats, and the Tri Cities are made up of Kennewick, Richland and Pasco.  Great times living there in the summers and with those memories of good swimming and good friends I made, I bestowed this name on one of my first few bulls in the company. 

He is tough and I had kind of just looked over him for Commander B and Easy E, but really this guy is good and in the field he rolls with a crew at all times.  It is kind of funny.  It's like they have very different personalities; Commander B is fine alone or with others but this guy he is never alone.
See here he is behind who I think of as the ring leader, the slightly smaller white bull with the black socks.  But...once Channel Kat got in the chute and had even the light 2 pound remote control on him he was raring to go. 

That said, he has potential and he is going to be big.  I am really excited for him and his future with Daisy's Bucking Bulls.   I know I have posted this on facebook but here he is bucking on the Wednesday night I was there visiting.  They will bring him and his 2 year old field buddies in every week or so this summer to get them practicing loading, bucking and even exiting the arena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment