Sunday, August 14, 2011

Liquor World~ Favorite Liquor Store West of the Mississippi

Does anyone even wonder how I can come to have a 'favorite liquor store' at all? I didn't think so! Here is a picture of me and you can tell I am very happy to be back in Durango, CO. We spent a week there and visited  Brad's grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins, on both sides.

What (of all the very beautiful sites) am I most excited to visit and see? You got it, Liquor World.  Even the name sounds cool.  It is right on the main drag going through Durango. To hear me talk you'd think it's the only liquor store in town, but it's not. It does however happen to be the one with the most character and I wouldn't be surprised if some, if not all the guys that work there were Hell's Angels at one time. 





Check out some of the items they sell.  Skinny Girl Margaritas and apparently a flavor for any day of the week from Dr. McGillicuddy's and for the discerning wine drinker...fear not.  There is even a special room for the wine snob! This is why Liquor World really is one of the best stores west of the Mississippi.


It is very fancy inside Pop's Wine Cellar and it is NOT cheap in there either! I think the least expensive bottle of wine in Pop's was $65 minimum! Love this place.  So, I get to come to Durango, every few years, more if we can and I always get to stop at Liquor World. This year I won $3 in scratch offs, purchased a few bottles of Skinny Girl Margarita's for the lake and a couple bottles of wine to share with Smoochie Auntie Jess.  I had to help support the local economy right??

Like I said, something for everyone! Piper even got two lollipops from this nice man.  He was one of the really great men and women that work there, and remember we were on the west coast so everyone is actually genuinely friendly. 

Finally, look at one more draw to Liquor World.  I mean who else thinks to have a Happy Hour?? If you get to Durango (and you won't hear me plug too many places on my blog) you really should stop at Liquor World, you will be instantly comfortable roaming the aisles, checking out the rows of wine, finding every single different kind of liquor in every single different price range there is. 

When I say something for everyone, I do mean everyone, even the ever present Bronco fan. They are everywhere, especially in Colorado!!!! Nonetheless, I do love Liquor World. 


No comments:

Post a Comment