Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Week of Kindergarten

My sweet little girl just finished Kindergarten and of course it makes me happy and sad all at the same time.  She loved her teachers, her classmates and being at St. Bernadette's.  I found so many new friends and enjoyed being in the classroom as well as helping in PE and Art with the kids, what a great school and staff.  And yet, as I dropped her off every morning it made me sad because this means my little girl is growing up and becoming more independent and forming her own sense of self.  Like I said happy and sad and very proud of her too.  The last week of school was a lot of fun for the Kindergartner's.  They had an end of year party on Wednesday that included a puppet show and ended with ice pops.
They were all so captivated by it and made individual puppets afterwards. Then they got to play and run and just be kids for a while. It was so much fun for us, as the room parents to see them all laughing and enjoying their friends.

So much fun!
At the end of the day they got a little send off of summer fun for them to take home and remember their first of many end of the school year parties.

Nothing makes a mama's heart feel better than to see their kids full of laughter and happiness and smiling from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment