Monday, June 13, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation at St. Bernadette's

This was probably the sweetest graduation ceremony I have ever seen.  These little people that started school last August were not the same quiet, sometimes shy and bashful children. Instead they were self assured, confident and mature 6 year olds (or almost 6 year olds) that came into church on June 10.
It is amazing to see the difference in Piper in these pictures from the first day to the last. Here is my girlie with her teachers Mrs. Recher and Mrs. Barrick. Piper had a small speaking part in the graduation ceremony and that was so surprising to me. Last year, even at the beginning of this year I would have been shocked to even think of her speaking up. Yet in class, I would see her routinely raise her hand and speak up. I was so proud of her getting up to the podium and speaking so loudly and clearly.
Piper joined Daisy's this year, she sold girl scout cookies and made a lot of friends with girls in the other kindergarten class, one of which is Vivian. They actually met at the get to know you play date and thank goodness they are friends because her mom and I are great friends!
Here we are the proud parents of Miss Piper and I can't wait to see what she is going to do as a first grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment