Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

As I type this I am sitting outside on the step while Piper swings, the neighbors come and go and we all exchange greetings and 'happy mother's day'. It is not exactly the weather I planned, I'm in a windbreaker and long sleeved shirt. I thought I might be blogging from the deck in a tank top, or sitting on the couch watching The Real Housewives of New York City, but for whatever reason Direct TV doesn't seem to be able to broadcast Bravo to my house. My words to Brad just now, "I am going to seriously FREAK OUT if I can't watch this episode that I have now tivo'd twice", Gotta love him at the moment fixing it with Direct TV. (follow up, they need to come out and can't until Thursday...ugh).

If you are a mom I hope you are having a fun day too, I am, despite my RHONYC issue. I recieved the best card from Piper, it is her voice saying "Happy Mother's Day, I love you" and then the song I love you a bushel and a peck. She also gave me a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets, I only won $5 but it was fun to scratch them with her.

Brad totally surprised me (it's like he can read my mind sometimes), and is taking me to the Hay-Adams for lunch on Wednesday to hear Tony Kornheiser introduce John Feinstein and John will be launching his latest book, entitled Moment of Glory. I can't wait!

John swims masters and we've become friends over the years from talking swimming, attending swim meets and he has graciously autographed all of his teen novels for Kaitlyn. Brad met Tony a long time ago when he was still doing his ESPN radio show from the ESPN Zone downtown DC. He spent a segment in the booth with him and 'Andy Polly'. Brad was in uniform and went down during his lunch to get I'm Back for More Cash signed for my Christmas gift. Needless to say, I am a fan of Mr. Tony and a friend of John Feinstein and think this is a great gift. I am giving you a few websites and after lunch will update you all on the event itself.
John's website: http://www.feinsteinonthebrink.com
http://www.espn980.com/shows/the_tony_kornheiser_show.php

No comments:

Post a Comment