Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lunch with Dr. Roland Mesnier; former White House Pastry Chef

Friday was a great day, the Naval Officers' Spouses' Club hosted it's annual Spring Luncheon and this year the featured speaker was former Head Pastry Chef for the White House, Dr. Roldand Mesnier. He served 25 years in the White House under 5 different Presidents. Starting with Jimmy Carter and ending with George W Bush. Before the lunch, Chef Mesnier signed all of our books and was an utter delight to chat with. Loved his French accent and his knowledge of restaurants to eat at in both Paris and Washington DC.

I was also lucky enough to put 25 of my 35 raffle tickets into the "Stay-cation on Penn Ave" prize...and I WON! I get superior accomodations for two on a weekend night at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel, a $75 gift certificate at Old Ebbitt Grill, a bottle of champagne, Bath and Body Works bubble bath set, candles and the book, America's First Families. (So we can learn about the neighbors, ha ha).

Chef Mesnier has three books, Dessert University, Basic to Beautiful Cakes, and his Memoir entitled, All the Presidents' Pastries. I bought the memoir and can't wait to read it. Well, I bought it for my mom, as a birthday gift, but I am not seeing her for 3 more weeks, plenty of time to read it before I give it to her. If you are interested in Chef Mesnier, here is his website: www.chefrolandmesnier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment