Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Weekend

So, people might not be subscribing but they are reading...that is cool. Here is a tip, went to the Washington Monument yesterday with McB, it was cool, took some great pictures, maybe I will even post one, but the deal was going to http://www.recreation.gov/ and for $1.50 each bought our timed entry tickets like 2 weeks in advance. Totally worth it.

Okay I am going to throw all caution out the door and get a bit snarky today...turns out my next door renters are planning to open a home day care, not cool. For those of you who have heard some of my stories, you know who I am talking about, it's not the Pizza Man. (I will now, forever refer to my 'good' next door neighbors as Pizza Man because he is part of Faccia Luna Pizza and restaurants). The renters are thinking of having a daycare, who knows where in that house, they have 8 people living there as it is. To top it off I just realized, (hello bells going off all above my head) that they have been door dinging my car for about the past 6 months, drivers side, AND they have been doing it to the neighbors on the other side to their passenger side. It is really bad, so now we have to start documenting all the dents, which if you look at my car and the other neighbors car you can totally tell, it's straight across and exactly the same, so we can file some paperwork about it. Totally frustrating, is it so hard to be a good neighbor? Does this make me a bad neighbor for being snarky about the renters? I don't think you can confront them until you have a case. Now for the daycare situation I vote NO NO NO! Any ideas how to stop this? Do you want a daycare in the 'hood? Fatma runs a great, quiet, legal daycare that is fine, but these neighbors, that rent no way!

Finally the low rider update, turns out they are running a daycare too, they are renters too, they are not licenced...I will keep you updated.

Halloween is around the corner, let's hope for good weather and lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Try and contact the owners of the house - I do believe they need special permits to operate a business form a residential site. If it does go ahead you should contact the organization that monitors child care facilities(any registered child care service can give you the correct information) as the paper work to actually operate a child care is very extensive (at least it is in the UK so I would think it would be the same over there.)You can't just start one as easy as people think - if you can then something isn't right!

    Hope this helps as I certainly wouldn't want one next door!

    ReplyDelete