Saturday, August 3, 2013

Myles Seubert Buswell January 1996-August 2013

Myles age 3 months
Myles age 17
 
Myles Murray Seubert Buswell, our beloved beautiful black lab passed away peacefully on August 3. He was 17 1/2 years old.  He was the best dog anyone could hope to have.  As many of you know I picked him out at 5 weeks old in Monterey, California.  He was one of 8 and for the first year I would run into his siblings on the beach, at the pet stores and the vets. 

Since I was a flight attendant at the time, Myles got to travel for free as well, albeit in the climate controlled part of cargo. I always knew he was doing okay because he would bark non-stop at take off and landing, and he was right under first class.  Myles flew back and forth from San Jose to Seattle multiple times and then he lived with my folks for six months while I was in Connecticut. 

My dad and Myles on the beach
where he learned to swim and
chase sea otters in Monterey.
Myles age 18 months waiting for
me to tell him to get the ball.
One of our family pictures with
Myles.









Our engagement picture
 






When I lived in Monterey Myles learned to play catch and although he tried many times he only managed to get two balls in his mouth at a time.  He loved playing catch so much that he wore out 3 chuck it's in a year.  He played catch in and out of the water, on the street, on grass and his favorite place of all was on the golf course in Ellensburg with my dad and his golf buddy's.  He would place the tennis balls on the edge of the golf cart and wait for one of them to throw the ball.  His tail would be in constant motion and his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth.  When he would get too hot he would just throw himself into one of the water hazards or the river to cool off.  I had hoped to hunt duck or something with him but it was out on the golf course one nice fall day that we all found out he was afraid of loud noises and anything that went bang.  Some people were hunting by the river and when they fired a shot Myles dropped his balls and ran to the clubhouse and hid under my dad's truck until he could be coaxed out with a treat.


His most important job
taking care of Piper.
Just waiting for the ball
to get tossed
There are so many wonderful stories about my beautiful, sweet, protective and loving dog.  He has been with me and my family for over 17 years.  He has sat on the bed with me when I didn't feel well, he laid his head on my stomach when I was pregnant with Piper until she kicked him.  He let her crawl all over him when she was a baby and has been her constant protector from the day she was born. 


Age 10, when his paws
were crossed it meant
trouble.




One of our favorite pictures
Piper sitting on Myles when
she was 18 months old.




We wouldn't have such a close and loving friendship with John and Jeannine if it weren't for Myles and his 'welcome to the 'hood' shake down he gave Haley when they first brought her home.  What fun Myles had with Haley whether they were at each others house or in the back yard racing around chasing each other until one would fall down and need to rest.  Myles is now back reunited with her in heaven and I am sure they are back to running and playing and wrestling.   

Myles and Piper on her 8th birthday
I will miss him and so will Brad, Brian, Kaitlyn, Piper, my parents (who took care of Myles for months at a time while we were traveling or I was in an apartment and he needed more room to run), the Salamones and so many other friends who's lives have been touched by "Cool Dog Myles". 

He will never be forgotten and I guarantee there will never be another like him.  Whenever it is we decide to get another, it will be more Piper's than mine.  I know I was the alpha dog with Myles and I will never be blessed with such a beautiful dog again.  He is happier, in no more pain and back with all his friends now.  This past year without Haley and in a quieter neighborhood was hard on him and he was lonely for more dog companionship.  He was my rock when I needed one and I can only hope that I was the same for him.  I will love him forever and I will miss him every single day, he was a once in a lifetime blessing.   
My Cool Dog Myles...








1 comment:

  1. Myles is a very special puppy. My heart goes out to you tonight. Susan

    ReplyDelete