Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mom's Day Mass and Brunch at St. Bernadettes

I just got back this morning from a wonderful Mother's Day mass with my very sweet daughter at her school, St. Bernadette's. I had an idea what to expect, but this far exceeded it. The mass was said by Father Richardson, and there was a lot of music from Mrs. Doyle and the choir.

Afterwards we (all 60 of the mom's of kindergarteners) were led to the cafeteria, it was decorated with artwork by our children and tables set with decorations made by them as well. The first grade mom's completely outdid themselves with the food, drinks and cake, this will be our job next year. The children sang 3 songs accompanied by Mrs. Doyle and a guitar, it was very sweet.

Piper then gave me a beautiful and colorful pin and a picture that she drew saying what she likes to do with me. She said she likes to plant, which is awesome. We are planting again this weekend, time to colorize the deck and backyard. She is the best.



And I love her so much! This school year has been such fun for her and for me and I have so enjoyed being a little part of her kindergarten class. I have been able to make wonderful new friends, and so has Piper, plus we have been so blessed with fantastic, caring and smart teachers. Can't wait to see what happens next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment