Monday, January 31, 2011

So I'm back...kind of


On Sunday I competed in my first swim meet since short course Nationals in May of 2007 and all in all it went pretty well. I admit I was a bit of a crazy person the entire week leading up to this meet. But in my defense Brad was in California and there was a snow storm so I wasn't totally nuts just because I had my first swim meet in a while. If you ask Brad though, I became less crazy as the swim meet went on, literally each event I swam I calmed down. I would hope the next meet I am back to my regular swim meet self.


The results were five wins, three individuals and two relays. Margaret Gale is the person that really pushed me to compete again. I have been wanting to get back into it but haven't had that push, until Margaret moved back to town. She found a great workout at 12:30 on Tuesday and Thursdays and Alicia and I have been able to attend on a regular basis. So, I have been consistently swimming twice a week, with my girlfriends and here I am swimming in a meet again. I am still a long ways away from my old times and mind set. But, one meet at a time and I get a little more focused every practice.
See how relaxed both Margaret and I looked going into the third swim of the day? It was our medley relay, went well and I am sure it will go even better at zones in April. My next meet is in a month and I plan to swim the 100 free and 100 fly and probably the 50 fly and free as well. I guess part of dipping my toe back into the competition pool at this point is the direct result of Piper going to Kindergarten full time. I have the time to train and think about me a bit more (no comments about me thinking of myself more, all y'all know what I mean). Plus, at this point, I need this, so here I am, I'm back...kind of.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I cant even THINK of pool water, anymore.

    ACK! You're my HERO!

    ~Curt F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Trish! I am proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete