Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cool Dog Myles...and the Vikings


So...tough way to wake up this morning, I hear Myles go 'thump' on the ground downstairs. The hardwood floors are tough any morning for him, but today proved to be especially challenging. His back right hip was still asleep and didn't get the message he needed to get up. I lay in bed listening until about 10 minutes later when I hear him struggle again and fall. So I went downstairs and poor Myles was just helpless and getting upset. I tried to get him up on his own but as he got up he just threw up and then fell back down, poor dog. I had to frantically call to Brad to come help (like 4 times, how can you sleep thru that??) anyhown once I had him, and a towel we got Myles up and outside. 30 minutes of cleaning the floors and a little of Myles and all is more or less normal again. He is here next to me in the kitchen on his bed, I am waiting to see how he does standing up again. He made it down the stairs and back; but I really have to acknowledge my baby dog is getting old. He turned 14 last Monday, but it never really seems as though he is that old. He still barks at Jackie every day, and all people bringing packages to our door. He still gets excited at the newspaper and more or less has a good stable appetite. It is hard to have someone in your house getting old, faster than you want, right before your eyes.

As this year goes on, I am sure I will update more about Myles, stand by my faithful followers.

Now...onto the football game today, go Brett Favre and the Vikings...I never thought I would be cheering for them! Although the color of their uniforms are pretty coo.

No comments:

Post a Comment