Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Post of Trish in the hood

So...how to start, let's start by driving into our little piece of paradise in Northern Virginia. This neighborhood is really great, during major elections we are truly blue and red, there are military, government, diplomats, and regular Joe's living here. Like I say, a little slice of life.

As you turn off Manchester Lakes, you see three options, go right and you are in Alexander cul de sac, we call it the rentals. Lots of rentals, no grass can grow on the front lawns, big ol' Christmas balls hanging in someones tree, another has some tree sprouts growing from the rain gutters. Then, there are some cute well maintained houses, but not as many as the others. This whole development used to be a farm, clearly not a very productive one, I mean how can you 'farm' on a clay base?? I had never seen so much clay so close to the top soil in my life when I moved here and tried to dig and plant bulbs. Anyhow, B doesn't like to walk thru that part, but I take the dog walking almost every day...gotta see what everyone is up to right?

If you turn left you are on Alexander Ave. this is a nice street, all friendly, for the most part, and they keep the front yards looking good. Lots of friendly dogs...Our best friends live on this street, keep reading and you'll eventually meet them, Haley's parents and Emma and Jack's folks.

If you go straight you end up in Ericka Ave. Love it! And, this is where a lot of the action takes place. Today there is nothing happening, just a lot of rain, and for some reason Myles, my dog, is barfing...totally gross and he doesn't have to clean it up...that would be me! I promise to keep this funny, light and interesting, so keep coming back there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment